S.M.T. Rent A Car Company Limited or “Drive Car Rentals”, one of the leaders in car rental services under the name of S.M.T. Rent A Car Co., Ltd. (“the Company”) has adhered to ethical business practices. Respect and abide by applicable laws and be aware of earning the trust of you who use our products and services (“the Company”).
Therefore, (“the Company”) place great importance to respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information by setting policy, rules, and regulations in the operation of the (“the Company”) with strict measures to maintain the security of personal information so that you can be sure your personal data obtained by (the “Company”) will be used according to your needs and in accordance with the law.
The policy is to inform you, as a personal data subject, of the purposes and details of the collection, usage and/or disclosure. Personal information as well as your legal rights in connection with personal data. According to the Personal Data Protection 2019. We periodically review and may amend this policy as appropriate to ensure that your personal information is properly protected. If this policy is significantly revised, the Company will notify with information to you as soon as possible.
1. Personal data that the company collects, uses and/or discloses.
1.1 Personal data.
Personal data is data that can identified either directly or indirectly, such as personal data that you give directly to or through the company by your use of products and /or services, contact, visit via digital channels, website, call center or any other channels or personal data that (“the Company”) received or accesses from other sources not directly from you. For example, government entities, group companies, financial institutions, business partners, the National Credit Bureau, etc., the Company will collect data from other sources only when your consent is given as consistent with laws unless where necessary for the company as permissible by laws.
1.2 Personal data that the Company collects, use and/or disclose.
The Company collects various types of personal information including the following information:
- Personal information used to identify (Identity Data) such as name, surname, national identification number, passport number, Driver’s license number, date of birth, gender, age, nationality, marital status, photograph and in some cases, the company may process sensitive data such as blood types with your consent or as required by law.
- Contact information such as home address, telephone number, email.
- Social Media Contact Data such as LINE account ID, Facebook account.
- Financial information or transaction data such as bank account numbers. Transaction information through the company’s products or services.
- Data of the vehicle, such as the license plate number, engine car number.
- Contact information with company (Communication Data) such as recording data or audio when contacting the company.
- Location information such as IP address.
1.3 Data sources
The Company may collect your personal data from other sources including:
(a) Your personal data directly from you, such as
- When your inquiry about product information or service with us
- Purchasing request process the services or process requests prior to entering into a contract, signing a contract, fill the forms, surveys, registering, or procedure for submitting claims or exercising rights.
- To contact Company through any channels such as by phone, E-mail, LINE, Facebook Messenger, etc.
- Participation information in any activities with the Company, such as recording photos or videos.
- The Company may automatically collect data such as when you access the website or the Company’s application, etc.
(b) Receiving your personal data from other sources such as
- Company’s customers or agents
- Group Companies or business partners
- Government entities or other public sources such as the company’s website.
- Other information on the internet or any social media platforms such as Facebook, etc.
2. Purpose of collecting, use or disclosing personal data
The Company collects, uses or discloses your information for the purpose by depending on your relationship with the Company as follows:
- To approve on request regarding the Company’s products or services, such as contacting the Company for information about rent a car, buying a car, test drive, reserving a car, maintenance services, etc.
- For execution and/or performance of contracts, including compliance with the conditions of services of the Company. To appointment for inspection or maintenance Registration of services related to other goods and services related with payment, receiving or sending information and documents between you and the Company and compliance with the Company’s internal processes.
- Verification of identity before services.
- To perform any non-life insurance.
- To maintain relationships with customers, e.g., complaint handling, satisfaction survey, customer service by the company’s staff, notification or offer on any products and/or services of the same types you are using for your benefits.
- To inform any products and/or services benefits various promotional items, marketing activities invitation to join the event and present the Company’s products or services, including the Company’s products become a distributor, such as products and services under the Drive Car Rental brand.
- For registration of events, campaigns, offers any promotions, Register for a gift or any benefits.
- To survey your satisfaction with the company’s products, services and business partners of the Company including products that the company as a dealer and analyze your interests and the history of purchasing products or using the Company’s services and business partners of the Company including products that the company as a distributor to evaluate, improve and develop products, services and any promotional programs of the Company and business partners including products that the company as a dealer for more suitable and meet at your requirement.
- To planning, reporting and business forecast.
- For risk management oversight and internal management such as to detect and prevent fraud.
- For investigations, other legal and regulatory procedures to comply with the law and to report or disclose information to government entities under the law such as the Revenue Department, Department of Transportation, or when receiving a summons an arrest warrant from a police officer Government entities, courts or other law enforcement entities including for the establishment of legal claims Compliance or exercise of legal claims or the defense of legal claims.
- For security purposes in the building and location of the company including to exchange ID cards before entering building. Recording pictures by CCTV who come in contact with the company.
- For the transfer of any rights, and benefits to comply the contract between you and the Company, such as a merger or contract transfer which has been done lawfully.
3. Period of personal data storage
The Company will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary during the period you are a customer or under relationship with the Company, or for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless law requires or permits longer retention period retention for proving and examining in the event of dispute within legal prescription period. The Company may erase destroy, or anonymize the Personal Data when it is no longer necessary or when the period lapses. Compliance or exercise of legal claims or raising the defense of legal claims or for other reasons according to the policies and requirements within the company’s organization.
For purposes stated in this policy, the Company may disclose customer’s information to third parties as follows:
- Agents, contractors/subcontractors and/or service providers for any operations such as carriers service document storage and destruction, printing, marketing agent, advertising, media, information systems companies, accommodation and travel companies. Payment service, auditors, lawyers, legal and tax advisors, any consultants, call center service.
- Business partners or third parties with your consent to according with the terms, to comply with applicable law, including the company manufactures or sells cars as the company being a distributor the provider leasing services and insurance companies.
- Government entities or other agencies as required by law including officials who exercise their legal powers
- Assignees of rights and/or obligations from the Company including to assign its rights, it’s shareholding restructuring, it is necessary for the Company to disclose your personal data to the assignees (including potential assignees)
5. Transfer of personal data abroad
The Company may transfer personal data to the Company’s database which is operated on servers. To transfer the information, the Company will provide appropriate protection and security measures and will comply with the Personal Data Protection in 2019
6. Laws for processing personal data
- The company has received your consent. In cases of consent is required by law.
- To perform as your request before doing the contract or to comply with the contract between you and the Company.
- To necessary for the legitimate interests of the Company or of another person or juristic person unless such benefits are less important than your fundamental rights to personal data.
- To comply with the Company’s laws.
- To prevent or suppress a danger to a person’s life, body or health.
- To perform duties in business operations for the benefit or for carrying out public tasks of the Company or perform duties, according to the Laws the Company has.
The company has processed your personal data which the sensitive data, the Company will ask for your consent, except where the law requires that consent is not required. In the case of personal data held by the Company as necessary information for the Company. To comply with applicable laws, if you do not provide personal data, The company may be illegally and/or unable to provide you with goods and services and may not be able to arrange the contract or facilitate you.
7. Rights of Personal Data subjects.
You have the rights by the protection of personal data Act as follows:
(1) Right to withdrawal consent
If you have given consent to the Company to collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data (whether before or after the effective date of the Personal Data Protection law), you have the right to withdraw such consent throughout the period your Personal Data available to Company, unless it is restricted by laws or you are still under beneficial contract. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect your personal data as you have given consent to the Company legally.
(2) Right of Access to Personal Data
You have the right to access your Personal Data that is under the Company’s responsibility to request the Company to make a copy of such data for you, and to request the Company to reveal as to how to Company obtain your Personal Data.
(3) Right to Data Portability
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data, if the Company organizes such Personal Data in automatic machine-readable or usable format and can be processed or disclosed by automatic means to request the Company to send or transfer the Personal Data in such format directly to other data controllers if doable by automatic means and to request to obtain the Personal Data in such format sent or transferred by the Company directly to other data controller as prescribed by law.
(4) Right to Object to processing Personal Data, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data.
You are entitled to object to the storage use, collection, and disclosure of personal data as prescribed by law.
(5) Right to Erasure Personal Data.
You are entitled to request the Company to erase or destroy your personal data kept by the Company or render such personal data unidentifiable in respect of the data subject as prescribed by law.
(6) Right to suspension of use of personal data
You are entitled to request the Company to suspend the use of your personal data as prescribed by law.
(7) Right to request correction.
Right to rectification of personal data, you are entitled to request the Company to rectify your personal data to be correct, up-to-date, complete and not misleading.
(8) Right to complain.
In the event where the Company or its staff breach or fail to comply with the Personal Data Protection or any notifications issued by virtue of this Act. In this connection, you may file a complaint with the Office of the Personal Data Protection Committee.
8. Measures of security personal data.
The Company has security measures strict to your personal data and as such, arranges for appropriate security measures for personal data in line with confidentiality of personal data, and restricts access to your personal data by the Company’s unconcerned staff and agents to prevent any loss, unauthorized or unlawful access thereto, destruction, use, modification, revision or disclosure thereof of your personal data in accordance with Personal Data Protection in 2019.
9. Privacy Notices of Other Websites.
This Privacy Notice applies to sales and services. Use of the Company’s website only, if you visit any other website even through links available on the Company’s website. You should read and follow the privacy notices of that website separately from the Company. In this respect, the Company is not responsible for any content of such websites or the treatment of personal information by such websites.
10. Contact Channels
If you have any inquiries regarding collection, usage and/or disclosure of your Personal Data as well as a request to exercise your rights under this Policy, you may contact the Company and/or the Data Protection Officer via the following channel:
Company: S. M. T. RENT A CAR CO., LTD.
Contact Address: 727 Srinakarin Rd., Suanluang, Suanluang Bangkok
Contact Channel: Tel. 02 722 8487
Data Protection Officer E-mail: email@example.com