- Renter must be aged 21+. All renters (Main driver and additional drivers) must produce a valid Driving license, Passport and/or Identification Card with their name when pick up the car. All drivers must have a safe driving record and driving license must have been current for at least one year.
- An International Driving Licence or a Notarised Translation of driving license is required where the driver’s licence is not in English.
- The main driver must be in possession of a Credit Card in their own name when picking up the car. The Card must have enough available funds to cover the excess / deposit amount (which will be blocked on the Card for the duration of the rental). The Card will also be required to pay for local fees, extra equipment and anything purchased additionally at the car rental counter.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
Drive Car Rental only accepted Credit Cards:
- Union Pay with Visa or Union Pay with Mastercard (It can only be used when “Pay Later” at the counter)
- American Express (It can only be used when “Pay Later” at the counter)
Cash and Debit Cards are not accepted.
A refundable deposit will be taken from the credit card of THB 10,000 for car engine size of 1.2-1.6 CC and THB 20,000 for car engine size of 2.0 CC and above. The deposit will be returned after the rental, as long as all conditions have been met.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Collision Damage Waiver is included in all self-drive rental. The renter’s liability will be limited to THB 8,560 for car engine size of 1.2-1.6 CC and THB 12,840 for car engine size of 2.0 CC and above in the event of damage to the vehicle.
PURCHASE OF ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL COVERS AND WAIVERS
Renter may decide to purchase additional cover to reduce or remove excess, or to cover things basic Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) doesn’t, such as tyres. The following additional covers and waivers are available for purchase:
Full Protection Insurance combined together zero excess insurance with personal accident and theft protection into one package with great value. If renter purchase from drivecarrental.com Full Protection waiver product before picking up the car, Drive Car Rental will waive renter liability for:
- Charges for damage to the rental car’s exterior or mechanical components, including:
- Bodywork, roof, undercarriage
- Windscreen, windows, mirrors
- Wheels, tyres, hubcaps
- Engine, clutch, battery
- ‘Immobilisation’ charges (for loss of revenue while the car is being repaired and cannot be rented out)
- Roadside assistance charges resulting from a breakdown or accident
- The amount that Drive charges as a result of claiming on the car’s Theft Protection policy.
- Drive administration fees related to any of these points
- Medical and legal costs for injuries which are covered by the policy, including death and loss of limb(s)
Drive Full Protection waiver product will not waive liability in respect of:
- Repairs, roadside assistance or other services not approved by Drive
- Cleaning charges or damage to the car’s interior (unless caused by a collision)
- Damage to / loss of child seats, GPS devices or other ‘extra equipment’.
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
Super Collision Damage Waiver reduces the driver’s liability in the event that the rental car is damaged, limiting their legal obligation to pay for the excess in repairing or replacing the car. SCDW does not cover damage for tyres.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
In the event of an accident, this insurance covers medical and legal costs for injuries which are covered by the policy, including death and loss of limb(s). This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
Theft Protection (TP)
If the car is stolen, the most you’ll pay towards replacement costs covered by the policy is the theft excess. This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
All drivers must abide by the terms of the rental agreement: our insurance waiver product will not refund any cost incurred under circumstances which violate those terms, such as dangerous, careless or negligent driving, refuelling errors, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
So, if you leave the windows open, for example, or leave the keys in the car, your Theft Protection policy won’t pay out. You’ll be fully responsible for paying for a replacement if the car is stolen – or paying for repairs it if it gets damaged during a botched theft.
MILEAGE / KILOMETRES
One Additional Driver included.
All vehicles are provide with a full tank of fuel at the time of rental, and must be returned with the tank refilled. Otherwise, the specified refueling charge will be applied.
DriveCar Rental will charge the renter if the car needs more than a reasonable amount of cleaning after the rental.
If the renter incurred any charges, such as speeding tickets or unpaid congestion charges, Drive Car Rental will try to contact the renter. This could be months after the rental – and the renter have to pay these administration fee as well as the original charge. Please be aware that all cars have a non-smoking policy. Fines will apply if this policy is not adhered to.
ONE WAY RENTAL
One way rental is available to drop off all locations in Thailand. One- way drop-off charges may apply.
Flight Details – If you are arriving by plane, you must inform us of your arrival flight number at least 3 days before your rental is due to start. If you do not, we cannot be held responsible if your plane is delayed and as a result your car is not available. Please ensure that you enter your flight number and not any other number the airline may have sent you, such as a confirmation number.
OUTSIDE OFFICE HOURS
If you require the car to be available outside of normal office hours, whether for the pick-up or the drop-off, Drive will arrange for a member of staff to be available. Prior notification is required for this service and it will incur a fee to cover additional man hours.
The cost of this service is THB 214.
DELIVERIES AND COLLECTIONS
If requested in advance, Drive may agree to deliver the car at the start of the rental. The cost will be paid to Drive on signing the rental agreement.
The cost of this service will be confirmed after you have made the booking and we have confirmed that this would be allowed.
CROSS-BORDER AND BOUNDARY RULES
Please note that cross-border travel is not allowed with Drive Car Rental.
Drive will allow a grace period of 60 minutes when returning your vehicle. Extra hours will be charged at one fourth of daily rate.
EXTENSION OF RENTAL
Should the renter wish to extend the rental beyond the agreed return date, it is very important that the Drive rental office be advised immediately so that the insurance coverage will be extended. Failure to do so will mean that the renter is driving the vehicle without insurance coverage.
CANCELLATIONS, NO SHOWS & AMENDMENTS
Cancellation Pay on Arrival Bookings
- There is no cancellation fee for Pay on Arrival.
Cancellation of Fully Prepaid Bookings
- If you cancel 48 hours or more before your rental is due to start, we will refund the full prepaid amount, less a THB 400 processing fee (exclude VAT 7%).
- If you cancel in the 48 hours period before pick-up, the entire prepaid amount will be forfeited.
- In the case of the customer requesting to postpone the travel date, when the original travel schedule has passed and notify the cancellation later. The company reserves the right not to refund according to the conditions (must cancel 48 hours or more from the original car rental time).
- If you fail to turn up at the agreed time and date, and/or to provide all the necessary documentation, and/or to provide a credit card with enough available funds on it, the Drive Car Rental may refuse you the car.
- If you return the vehicle before the original return date (early return), you will not be refunded any portion of the payment.
- Upon returning the vehicle, Drive will process a release of the unused portion of the hold taken at the time of pickup subject to your bank’s procedure. This hold may take up to two weeks to be released by your bank.
A ‘No-show’ is when you:
- Wish to cancel but don’t tell us before your rental is due to start, or
- Fail to pick the car up at the arranged time and date, or
- Fail to provide the documentation that’s required to pick the car up, or
- Fail to provide a credit card in the main driver’s name with enough available funds on it.
In all of these cases, you’ll receive no refund of the money you’ve paid.
Drive Car Rental reserves the right to refuse the car to any customer who fails to arrive on time with all necessary documentation and a credit card with enough available funds for the car’s deposit. In such a case, unless the rental has been cancelled in advance, the customer will not be entitled to a refund.
To make sure you understand the rules and laws about driving in Thailand, it’s essential you read the Terms & Conditions in full before you leave to pick your car up.
In particular, please make sure you know what documents and other paperwork you must take with you (e.g. driving licence, forms of identification, and payment cards) and what you’ll need to pay for at the rental counter. If you don’t have everything you need, our rental staff may not let you pick the car up.
By making this booking, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions.
When you pick your car up, our rental staff will need you to sign a rental agreement. Please make sure you read it carefully – and if anything is not clear, discuss it with our rental agent before you sign.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your rental, it’s very important you discuss this at the time with our rental agent. If you are not satisfied with their response, please visit our Contact Us page and tell us about it. If you have any questions or any issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
All rentals are subject to the standard terms and conditions provided with the Rental Agreement and the aforementioned General Information.
In case of Emergency – 24 hours emergency service, please call Drive Emergency Number: (66) 089 133 6126 or Bangkok Insurance Public Company Limited: Tel. 1620